This chatpatta mutton goosht has a unique spice mixture which imparts a lot of flavor in the dish.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 150 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg mutton, cut in pieces
- 1 cup yoghurt, whisked
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 8-10 green chillies sliced
- 1 teaspoon gur or jaggery
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon whole garam masala (sabit garam masala)
- 1/2 cup brown onion
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1. Marinate mutton with yoghurt, red chilli powder, coriander powder (dhania), turmeric (haldi), salt, crushed red chillies, cumin powder, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- 2. Heat oil. Add sabit garam masala and saute for 30 seconds. Add brown onion, marinated meat and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- 3. Add water and cook on simmer till tender. Add gur.
- 4. Turn heat off. Sprinkle with garam masala.
- 5. Garnish with lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Notes:Photo credits: food.ndtv.com