Basic Beef Burger
There is something so delicious about a basic beef burger. Focus on the quality of the meat and keep it as simple as possible.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 700 grams beef (80% lean)
- Salt & Pepper, for seasoning
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns, split
- Lettuce, for serving
- 1 tomato, sliced for serving
- Mayonnaise, mustard or preferred condiment of choice
- 1. Sprinkle the ground beef evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- 2. Gently form the meat into 4 balls, then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties.
- 3. Make a 2-inch-wide indentation in the center of each with your thumb to prevent the burgers from bulging when grilled.
- 4. The burgers can be made on a barbeque grill or on the stove in a grill pan.
- 5. Preheat the grill to high. Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- 6. Grill, undisturbed, until marked on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and grill until the other side is marked and the patties feel firm, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- 7. Top the beef burgers with 2 slices of cheese and cover with foil to let it melt.
- 8. Take the beef patties with cheese and serve it on the buns. Top with lettuce and tomato and the top burger bun.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com