Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These no-carb wraps are a great way to eat healthy without compromising on flavor.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 6 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (can be substituted by soya sauce)
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 600 grams chicken mincemeat (chicken qeema)
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Vegetables for filling, sliced (choose between carrots, bean sprouts, carrots or other crunchy vegetables)
- Coriander or Basil, for garnish
- 1. In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2. In a wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the green onions, ginger, garlic and red chili flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add half the soy sauce mixture and cook about 5-10 minutes more or till chicken is cooked. Taste & adjust seasonings if required.
- 4. To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf.
- 5. Top with the sliced vegetables.
- 6. Top with coriander (dhaniya) or basil.
- 7. Wrap the lettuce around the filling.
- 8. Serve the remaining sauce on the side or drizzle on the lettuce wrap.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com