Grilled Chicken Burger
Let's make some grilled chicken burgers for dinner tonight, shall we?
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes (plus marination)
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust as per taste)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of cheese; can be Cheddar, Mozzarella or PepperJack
- 4 sets of burger buns
- Ice-berg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- Iceberg or lettuce of preference
- 1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper. Use a meat pounder to pound the breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. In case the chicken breasts are too big, you can also cut them in half and then pound thin. There should be 4 chicken fillets in the end.
- 2. In a small bowl add olive oil, lemon juice and red chili powder. Stir together and set aside.
- 3. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, preferably an hour.
- 4. Brush oil on grill pan and let it heat up for a minute.
- 5. Grill the chicken pieces on high for 2-3 minutes so that the outside has those beautiful grill marks. Turn heat to low-medium after that so the chicken can be cooked through.
- 6. Once the chicken is cooked, take it out and set aside.
- 7. Assemble burgers by placing mayonnaise on bottom bun. Then put lettuce, tomatoes, onions, chicken fillet and cheese. Top with burger bun.
- 8. Serve with French fries and ketchup.