Crispy & crunchy with lots of melted cheese this snack is a favorite among kids & adults. If you love spicy food, make sure to double on the jalapenos...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves (dhaniya)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups tortilla chips (can be corn or flour)
- 1 cup cheese, grated; can use cheddar or mozzarella or a mix of both
- ½ cup sour cream (make your own by adding 1 tablespoon lemon juice in 1 cup cream and leaving for 10 – 15 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 1. Put tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, salt, red chili flakes and lemon juice in a blender / food processer. Pulse 2-3 times till chunky. Take the salsa out and keep in the fridge till using.
- 2. Place the tortilla chips on a baking tray / glass tray.
- 3. Top the tortilla chips with cheese. Scatter it around.
- 4. Bake or microwave till cheese is melted.
- 5. Top with salsa, sour cream and pickled jalapenos.
- 6. Serve.