Stir-fried beef with vegetables
Make sure you get good beef, preferably veal to make this quick stir-fry with vegetables. Serve with rice.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 500 grams beef / veal under-cut , sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place the beef in a large bowl. Add the salt, sugar, ground black pepper, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons oil, and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. Add beef and stir until browned, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- 4. Move the beef to the side of the wok and add vegetables. Start with garlic, capsicum, carrots and broccoli. Cook and stir vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Mix the vegetables and beef together. Add soya sauce, salt & pepper to taste. Add sesame seeds and green onions. Cook and stir until the beef & vegetables are tender. If necessary, add a splash of water to prevent sticking.
- 6. Serve with rice.