Twice Baked Potatoes
Potatoes inside a potato topped with melted cheese! Can life get any better. We absolutely love this cheesy potato snack.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 75 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 6 – 8 large potatoes, washed (large and flat potatoes are best)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ can sliced mushrooms; reserve few for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 green chilies
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella or cheddar or mix of both.
- 1 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- Parsley, for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- 2. Place aluminium foil on a baking sheet.
- 3. Make sure the potatoes are washed properly. Prick holes in the potatoes using a fork and then rub them with oil. Sprinkle salt on the potatoes and then bake for at least an hour. The potatoes should be tender – you can pierce them with a knife to check.
- 4. Take out the potatoes and cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- 5. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides into a bowl. Make sure you leave space at the edge of the potato. Set the hollowed out potato back on the baking sheet.
- 6. Mix butter, cream, milk, salt, pepper, green chili and mushrooms in the potatoes. Stir well.
- 7. Top with grated cheese and mushrooms. Keep in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes till cheese is melted.
- 8. Top with parsley and serve hot.
Notes:Change the filling of the twice baked potatoes based on your own preference. Add grilled chicken, olives, jalapeno or maybe even some coriander for a Desi twist.