We don’t know what Chicken 65 stands for but we do know that it’s a Desi fusion dish which tastes delicious. Serve as an appetizer with the sauce ...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus 1 hour marination)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Chicken : 1/2 Kg boneless cubes
- Whole Purpose Flour: 3-4 Tablespoons
- Corn Flour: 1 Tablespoon
- Yogurt : 1 Cup
- Ginger Garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: To Taste
- Lemon: 2 Tablespoons
- Oil: For Deep frying
- Sauce Ingredients:
- Yogurt: 1 Cup
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: To Taste
- Cumin Seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: Few
- Green Chilies: 3-4 (whole)
- Oil: 3 Tablespoon
- 1. Method for chicken:
- 2. Beat yogurt. Add cornflour, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt & lemon to the yoghurt. Whisk well.
- 3. Add chicken to the yoghurt mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
- 4. Take piece of marinated chicken and deep fry until chicken is done. Drain on paper towel.
- 5. Method for Sauce:
- 6. Heat oil in pan. Add garlic paste, curry leaves, cumin seeds and green chilies. Saute for 1 minute.
- 7. Beat yogurt and add red chili powder in it. Add the red chili yogurt in pan. Cook till required consistency is reached.
- 8. Serving Suggestion:
- 9. Chicken 65 can be served in two ways. The first method is tossing the chicken with the sauce in the pot. Let it cook for 5 minutes till thick and then serve with plain rice or cumin rice.
- 10. The second option is serving the sauce on the side as a dip. This is a good idea if you want to serve Chicken 65 as an appetizer.