Bohri Chicken Qorma
This Bohri style chicken qorma is sure to delight you with its unique blend of spices.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- 6 to 7 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 to 5 tomatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Red chili powder (to taste)
- Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) 1 teaspoon
- 1 chicken cut into 12 pieces skinned and fat free
- Garam masala – (5/6 peppercorns, 2 big cardamoms, 2 sticks cinnamon, 3 cloves)
- Handful of Almonds, for garnish on top
- 350 grams (1 ½ pao) yoghurt
- Boiled eggs, for garnish
- 1. Thoroughly wash and clean the chicken pieces. Set aside but keep them soaked in water.
- 2. Heat oil. Fry sliced onions till soft then add sliced tomatoes.
- 3. Once the tomatoes are soft, add red chili powder, coriander powder (dhaniya powder) and whole garam masala.
- 4. Saute for a few minutes till you can smell the aroma in the whole house.
- 5. Add chicken pieces and keep stirring till onions and tomatoes become one paste.
- 6. Add yoghurt then add water if needed in order to get a thick consistency.
- 7. Add halved peeled almonds & boiled eggs on top for decoration.
- 8. Serve in a deep or not so shallow dish. Eat hot.