White Chicken Quorma
If you are tired of the regular chicken quorma give this Mughlai style white quorma a try! Will delight your family & guests for sure.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 kg chicken, cut into 12 pieces (with bone chicken)
- 6 green chilies (to grind in a paste) + 2 whole chilies
- 1/4th cup coriander leaves
- 20 cashew nuts
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1. Ground coriander leaves and green chilies into a paste in a mortar & pestle or a blender. Set aside.
- 2. Ground cashew nuts with water into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- 3. Heat oil.
- 4. Add chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes on high heat till color changes.
- 5. Turn heat to medium and add green chilies paste with salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes then add 2 cups water.
- 6. Turn heat to low-medium, cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes till chicken is half done.
- 7. Whisk the yoghurt and add to the chicken mixture. Add cashew nut paste as well. Stir 2-3 minutes and cook till the chicken is tender and a thick gravy is left.
- 8. Heat oil in a separate pan. Add sliced garlic & whole chilies and fry till light golden.
- 9. Add the green chilies & sliced garlic to the chicken and serve hot with kulcha.