Grilled chicken tikka sandwich
There can be many variations of this chicken sandwich based on the fillings and bread you prefer.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 baguettes or sandwich loafs cut into half (alternatively use sandwich bread or burger buns)
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise or butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce leaf
- 1. Add yoghurt, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin seeds, crushed garlic and salt in a blender. Pulse for a few seconds till a smooth paste is formed.
- 2. Marinate the chicken fillets in the marinade for 15 – 20 minutes in the fridge.
- 3. Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- 4. Add chicken fillets. Let them sear for 30 – 45 seconds on one side. Then turn heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes each side so that the chicken is done from inside and stays moist. Set aside.
- 5. Slice bread in half. Toast if you prefer a warm sandwich.
- 6. Spread butter or mayonnaise on the bottom. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and grilled chicken.
- 7. Add any other toppings you prefer (cheese, jalapeno, olives, cucumbers or pickles)
- 8. Top with other half.
- 9. Serve warm or cold based on preference.