These cookie truffles made with crushed Oreo's are delicious and so simple to prepare.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 36 – 40 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) cream cheese tub
- 100 grams baking / cooking chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- 1. Put Oreo cookies in a large Ziplock bag. Crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
- 2. Put the crushed Oreo crumbs into a large bowl.
- 3. Add softened cream cheese in the cookie crumbs and mix well.
- 4. Keep the Oreo mixture into the freezer for at least 15 – 20 minutes to chill & harden.
- 5. Meanwhile, melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- 6. Double boiler method: Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add chocolate in bowl and stir occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).
Microwave Method: Microwave it on medium heat in 15 second intervals. After each 15 second interval, remove the dish from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Be careful, since the dish will get hot.
- 7. Take the Oreo mixture out from the freezer and shape into round balls using a spoon or using your hands.
- 8. Dip the balls in melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with butter / parchment paper.
- 9. Top with sprinkles or silver balls.
- 10. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes till firm.
Notes:Use cream cheese that is available in tubs. The ones in bottles are saltier and may impact the final taste. In case the cookie mixture is too soft, add more crushed cookies and keep in the refrigerator till it gets firm. It will become easier to handle.