Beef Steak with Pan Gravy
Make sure you get the best quality beef to make this recipe for dinner.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- ½ kg beef undercut, cut into steaks and hammered
- 1 – 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup stock
- 2-3 tablespoon of cream
- 1. Season steak with salt & pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2. Heat pan till smoking hot. Apply oil to beef undercut on both sides and sear it in the hot pan.
- 3. Cook beef steak to your desired level of doneness.
- 4. Remove the steak and set aside to rest.
- 5. In the same frying pan add a tablespoon of butter and then add finely chopped garlic and onions.
- 6. Saute till onions are translucent and then add stock (can be vegetable, beef or chicken stock).
- 7. Cook for a few minutes till the stock is reduced.
- 8. Add ½ teaspoon salt & pepper. Add cream in the end and cook till the sauce is thick.
- 9. Take out beef steak in a plate and put the sauce on the side.
- 10. Serve with mashed potatoes & vegetables.