This rich milk based dessert has become a staple in weddings. It's best served chilled.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- 2 liter Milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- ½ cup colored vermicelli (Sawayin)
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 1 packet green jelly
- 250 gram rabri
- 200 gram cream
- 1 large tin mix fruit cocktail
- 250 gram small cham cham
- 1. Cook milk on low heat for about 30 - 45 minutes minutes till thick. Make sure you stir every 1-2 minutes so it doesn't burn.
- 2. Add colored vermicelli in the milk. Dissolve corn flour in a little cold milk and add it slowly.
- 3. Stir 3-4 minutes till the mixture has thickened and the vermicelli is cooked. The vermicelli cooking time will be written on the back of the packet.
- 4. Set aside milk and let it cool completely.
- 5. Once the milk has cooled, add condensed milk and fruit cocktail. Stir well.
- 6. Dissolve the jelly packet with 1 cup water and let it set till firm. Make sure you dissolve it in one cup water as it needs to be a little thicker than the regular jelly. Once the jelly has set, cut it into cube.
- 7. Add rabri and cream to the cooled milk and stir.
- 8. Add cubed jelly and cham cham and mix.
- 9. Serve chilled. Top with a few pieces of reserved jelly for garnish.