Biscuits & Cream
This no-bake dessert has a layer of biscuits , a decadent chocolate & cream mixture filling topped with whipped cream.
- PREP TIME: 360 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 3 packets cream (200 ml each), divided
- 3 Bars of Milk Chocolate (90 grams each), chopped
- 100 grams butter cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ - 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- 8 tikki packs Biscuits or 1 family roll (A mix of soft Digestives and crunchy Marie style biscuits works best)
- 3 tablespoon crushed or sliced almonds
- Half a chocolate bar – for garnish
- 1. Chop milk chocolate into small pieces.
- 2. Take out two packets in cream (400 ml) in a medium glass bowl.Heat cream in double boiler or in microwave until you can see small bubbles at the edges. Microwave in 15-20 second intervals making sure it doesn’t boil over.
- 3. Add chopped milk chocolate in the cream and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.Stir gently till melted through. If not melting properly then heat for 15-20 seconds more.
- 4. Add chopped butter and stir.Add coffee and vanilla essence. Mix. Set aside.
- 5. Take out a packet of cream from the fridge and pour it in a glass bowl. Beat with an electric beater or hand beater till it is light & fluffy. Keep in fridge.
- 6. Take a glass dish and put a layer of biscuits on the bottom.
- 7. Pour half the chocolate mixture on top of the biscuits. Add 1 tablespoon of crushed almonds.
- 8. Put another layer of biscuits on top of the chocolate mixture.
- 9. Pour the whipped cream on top of the chocolate dessert. Stir with a spoon or a knife to marble it.
- 10. Top with 2 tablespoons of crushed almonds.Use a peeler to make small curls of milk chocolate for garnish. Keep in fridge for at least 4 hours till chilled.
- 11. Serve chilled.
Notes:Chocolate is best melted over slow heat. The best method is a double boiler, however, microwaving in short intervals will also work. Avoid any contact with water and high heat otherwise the chocolate will melt.