Fried Bhindi / Okra
Once you start you just can’t stop. This saying is just as applicable for this crispy bhindi / okra dish as it is for the other style of crisps.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup (1 pao) okra or bhindi
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder or haldi
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder + more for garnish
- 4 tablespoon sifted gram flour or besan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- oil for frying
- 1 lemon – for garnish
- 1. Wash the okra and dry them.
- 2. Slice the okra (bhindi) diagonally. Alternatively, they can be sliced lengthways as well.
- 3. Mix the spices (red chili, turmeric or haldi and garam masala and salt) in the gram flour (besan) with a little bit of water.
- 4. Coat the okra (bhindi) with the gram flour (besan) mixture. Leave to coat for 15 -20 minutes.
- 5. Heat oil in karhai on medium flame. Check the oil temperature by adding a piece of okra.
- 6. Fry the okra until light golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep on a kitchen towel.
- 7. Garnish the fried okra with a pinch of garam masala on top. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock.com