Chicken Caesar Salad
This Italian grilled chicken salad is filling enough to be served as a main course or on the side.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1½ tablespoon + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices bread
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli crushed
- 4 anchovies fillets, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 200 grams lettuce leaves
- 100 – 150 grams of rocket / arugula or other salad greens
- Parmesan cheese grated
- 1. Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, oil and sliced garlic. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2. Leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- 3. Heat a grill pan until very hot. Put chicken and cook for about 10 minutes each side till cooked through.
- 4. Remove. Let chicken rest for at least five minutes and then slice diagonally. Set aside and leave to cool.
- 5. Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- 6. Chop the bread into cubes for croutons.
- 7. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil on the top.
- 8. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- 9. Meanwhile, put the garlic into a mini blender with the mustard, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chilli and anchovies. Blend until smooth.
- 10. Add the mayonnaise and yogurt, then blend again. It should be of running consistency but still thick. Adjust the taste with lemon juice and pepper.
- 11. Place salad leaves, chicken, dressing and croutons to mix and top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Notes:Photo Credits: Pixabay