Rajasthani Chicken Korma
Chicken korma is a beloved Indian recipe that came from the Mughals. The meat is lightly browned, then simmered in yogurt and pureed almonds that give...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 onions, ground
- 2 cups buttermilk (2 cups milk with 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice)
- 4 red kashmiri dry chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 10 almonds, blanched and ground
- ½ cup khoya
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup yoghurt (dahi)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1. Make the buttermilk by adding 2 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to the milk and let stand for 10 minutes till curdled.
- 2. Heat oil, fry the sliced onions till brown and remove. Set aside.
- 3. Add ground onions and fry till golden.
- 4. Add chicken, peppercorns, bay leaves, red chillies, cumin powder, nutmeg, cardamoms, ginger garlic paste, sauté, add water and let cook.
- 5. When chicken is done, add the buttermilk, yoghurt and khoya, almond paste, crushed brown onions and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.