Make sure you use fresh spinach / palak when making this simple vegetable dish. If the spinach is off-season it will taste bitter.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg potatoes, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 whole dried red chilies
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup blanched spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green chillies, sliced to garnish
- 1. Heat oil. Saute garlic for a few seconds till light brown.
- 2. Add cumin seeds, red chillies and turmeric.
- 3. When brown, add the chopped tomato and rest of the spices.
- 4. When tomato has softened add the potatoes.
- 5. When the potatoes are half done, add spinach and cook till water dries.
- 6. Garnish with green chilies and lemon.
- 7. Serve with chappati.
Notes:Photo Credit: Coffeeandcrumpets