These fish burgers comprise of a crumbed fish patty topped with burger condiments. Use the fish patty to make sandwiches or make mini-patties that can...
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg fish fillets, boiled and flaked into small pieces
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 small green chillies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- Flour, to roll patties
- 1 egg, to roll patties
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, to roll patties
- 4 burger buns, split in half
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Pickled Cucumbers, gherkins
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Ketchup, to serve with
- Fries, to serve with
- 1. Shred the fish fillets.
- 2. Mix potatoes, flaked fish, salt, pepper, green chillies, coriander, red chili powder, turmeric powder and onion. Taste & adjust seasonings if required.
- 3. Form into round patties.
- 4. Dip in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs.
- 5. Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- 6. Keep aside on absorbent paper, so excess oil drains out.
- 7. To assemble, apply mayonnaise on the bun.
- 8. Top with lettuce leaf, fish patties, tomato slice and pickled cucumbers (gherkins) and then the top bun. Serve burgers with fries, ketchup and tartar sauce.
Notes:Photo credits: i.imgur.com