This simple aloo sabzi takes half an hour and is a great side or even main dish for when you want dinner on the table quickly.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 whole dried red chilies or ½ teaspoon crushed chilies
- 250 gm potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat the oil.
- 2. Add cumin seeds and whole red chili and sauté till they start to splutter.
- 3. Add the potato and turmeric and salt, along with a little water.
- 4. Cover and cook on low heat (10-15 minutes) till potatoes are tender.