Yakitori is a Japanese type of grilled chicken on skewers.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ kg chicken boneless cubed
- Greens of 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes first.
- 2. Thread chicken on skewers. Put skewers in a shallow rectangle dish.
- 3. Mix soya sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- 4. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover and marinate for at least three hours.
- 5. Heat grill pan with a little bit of oil.
- 6. Grill chicken yakitori for 10 – 15 minutes.
- 7. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving hot with garlic rice or steamed rice
Notes:Photo credits: bullbbq.files.wordpress