Khowsuey is a noodle dish of Burmese origin that is popular in the Gujrati and Memon community in Pakistan. It is a one dish meal made of egg noodles ...
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- For chicken:
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ½ kg chicken boneless, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, blended with little water
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoon coconut milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For curry:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 tablespoon gram flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- To serve with:
- 1 packet spaghetti, boiled
- Lemon wedges
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced and fried in oil
- 3 tablespoon sliced and fried onion
- 4 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chilies
- Crisps (Slims, Fried Papri, Noodles broken and fried)
- 1. For the chicken:
- 2. Heat oil.
- 3. Add onion and ginger garlic paste and sauté for about a minute till the raw flavor finishes.
- 4. Add spices (red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt) and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- 5. Add chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes till color changes.
- 6. Slowly add coconut milk dissolved in water and keep stirring till thick and chicken is cooked.
- 7. For the curry:
- 8. Heat oil.
- 9. Add onion and sauté till light brown.
- 10. Add ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder & salt.
- 11. Add roasted gram flour mixed with water and keep stirring.
- 12. Add coconut milk, let boil till it thickens.
- 13. How to serve:
- 14. To serve, mix curry with chicken and put over boiled noodles in a serving dish. Serve all the condiments in separate small bowls.
Notes:Photo credits: im.timescitycontent.com