Lassi is a yoghurt based drink and its most popular variants include a salty or sweet version. During the mango season, mango lassi is also popular.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 2 cups yoghurt, chilled, thick and beaten smooth
- 100 ml Milk, chilled OR water
- 2 tablespoon Sugar OR honey
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder (Elaichi Powder)
- 4 Pistachios, finely chopped (or 2 almonds)
- 1. Use only thick yoghurt and with the help of a strainer drain out excess water from the yoghurt before beating it.
- 2. With the help of a traditional buttermilk churner, beat the thick yoghurt till smooth and frothy.
- 3. Add chilled milk, cardamom powder, sugar or honey and churn till frothy.
- 4. Pour into serving glasses, garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.
Notes:Curd and milk should be absolutely cold. You can use a hand blender or whisk to beat the yoghurt till smooth. If you want a thinner consistency, add some chilled water. Adding full fat milk will yield a rich and creamy lassi. You can use skimmed milk or water instead of milk.