Jalfrezi is a Desi Chinese fusion dish quite popular in Pakistan. The tomato based gravy makes it possible to eat it with roti & rice.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cubed
- 2 onions, cut into thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 capsicum, cut into slices
- ¼ teaspoon ground garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan or pot.
- 2. Saute the chopped onions in the oil till transparent.
- 3. Add the ginger garlic paste, Turmeric, Coriander powder and chopped tomatoes.
- 4. Cover and simmer to allow the tomatoes to soften. Mash with a spoon.
- 5. Add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is slightly tender. Add the salt. Let the chicken cook on low simmer.
- 6. In another pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and sauté sliced onion, sliced capsicum, sliced tomatoes with garam masala powder.
- 7. Sauté this for a while till the vegetables soften lightly.
- 8. Add the sautéed vegetables to the cooked chicken. Stir and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- 9. Serve with rice.
Notes:Photo credits: bookatable