One should always keep a bag of frozen peas so that you can make this matar pulao in a jiffy.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon garlic (Lehsan) paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger (Adrak) paste
- 1 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
- 6-8 cloves (Long)
- 6-8 whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 1 medium size stick of cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup rice, presoaked
- 1 cup of peas (matar)
- 1. Chop the onion into slices and sauté in oil till transparent.
- 2. Add all spices and mix.
- 3. Add the peas along with half a cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat till semi-soft.
- 4. Add the presoaked rice to the pot and add water rising to one and a half cm. above the surface of the rice.
- 5. Cover and cook till rice is soft and water dries.
- 6. Lower the heat to the minimum.
- 7. Remove after about five minutes
Notes:Photo credits: ruchiskitchen.com Serve with Raita or Achaar.