Tamatar ki chutney, a finger licking good tangy and spicy chutney made with tomato and other basic spices is a must have dip for chips also.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 4 Whole red chili
- Oil as required
- Curry leaves a few
- 2 teaspoon White cumin seed (zeera)
- 1/2 kg Tomato, chopped
- 8 to 10 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 6 Finely chopped Green chili
- 2 Lemons
- 1 teaspoon Onion seed (kalonji)
- ½ teaspoon Fenugreek seed (methi dana)
- 1 tablespoon Red chili
- 1. Heat oil in a pan and add whole red chili, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and 1 teaspoon cumin seed, fry till darkens.
- 2. Add finely cut tomatoes, garlic cloves, onion seed, red chili powder, turmeric, 1 teaspoon cumin seed, green chili and salt.
- 3. Cover it and cook on low heat.
- 4. When water starts to dry, turn up the heat and add lemon juice.
- 5. Tasty tomato chutney is ready.