Kahwah is a traditional green tea beverage consumed in Afghanistan, northern Pakistan, some regions of Central Asia as well as the Kashmir Valley.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Fresh green tea (crushed)
- 2 Green cardamoms (elaichi), (crushed)
- 4 Almonds (shredded)
- A pinch of cinnamon (daar cheeni)
- Sugar to taste
- 1. Pour water in a vessel (bartan).
- 2. Add crushed green tea leaves and cinnamon.
- 3. Bring to boil. As soon as it boils, add sugar to taste.
- 4. Add cardamons and shredded almonds.
- 5. Cover and boil for a few minutes.
- 6. Remove from the flame.
- 7. And serve.
Notes:Photo credits: hdwallpapersrocks.com