Masala chai is a flavoured tea beverage made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Pakistani spices. The addition of ginger and cinnamon als...
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 cups Water
- 4 -5 teaspoon Tea leaves
- 1/4 inch ginger piece (sliced)
- 3 - 4 crushed Cardamom pods (elaichi)
- 3 whole Cloves (laung)
- 1 piece Cinnamon (daar cheeni)
- 1 - 2 whole black peppers
- 2-3 cups milk (more if you prefer a creamier tea)
- 1. Bring two cups of water to the boil.
- 2. Add tea leaves, ginger, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and black pepper and let steep on low heat for a minute.
- 3. Add warm milk and bring to a boil again.
- 4. Let boil on low heat for 3-4 minutes to let the flavor infuse.
- 5. Filter the above tea into cups.
- 6. Add sugar to taste.
Notes:Photo credits: Gratitudeandgreens.com