Chicken Manchurian is quite possibly the most popular item at Chinese restaurants in Karachi.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Boneless Chicken, chicken ½ kg
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour 2 tablespoon
- Oil as required
- Chicken Stock (or chicken cube dissolved in 2 cups water) 2 cups
- Chopped Garlic 1 tablespoon
- Soya Sauce 2 tablespoon
- Ketchup ½ cup
- Chili Sauce 2 tablespoon
- Vinegar 2 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour as required
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- 1. Marinate chicken with sugar, salt, black pepper, cornflour and oil. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil and deep fry marinated chicken till golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain on kitchen towel.
- 3. Make Manchurian sauce by heating 2 tablespoon oil then added chopped garlic. Saute for 30 seconds – 1 minute till aroma is released.
- 4. Add chicken stock, soya sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, vinegar and brown sugar.
- 5. Cook sauce till it reaches boiling point. Taste and adjust seasonings as required.
- 6. Dissolve cornflour in water and add to Manchurian sauce to thicken.
- 7. Add fried chicken cubes to Manchurian sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes till warmed through.
- 8. Serve hot with fried rice and chowmein.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutter stock