Chanay ki Daal ka Halwa
Traditional dessert made using chane ki daal with a hint of elaichi and garnished with pistachios and almonds.
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 180 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Gram Lentil (Chane ki Daal) ½ kg
- Milk 1 liter
- Ghee 250 grams
- Small Cardamom 6
- Sugar ½ kg
- Khoya 250 grams
- Finely Chopped Almonds 50 grams
- Finely Chopped Pistachio 50 grams
- 1. First of all soak ½ kg chane ki daal in water. Soak for a couple of hours or overnight.
- 2. Boil chane ki daal with milk.
- 3. Cook until tender. Set aside.
- 4. Grind smoothly.
- 5. Heat ghee in a big pot. Add cardamom and sauté for 30 seconds.
- 6. Add ground chane ki daal with sugar.
- 7. Cook till oil comes on top. Keep stirring every few minutes – the more the halwa is bhunafied the better it tastes.
- 8. Once oil comes on top, then add khoya, chopped nuts and cook for a few minutes.
- 9. Chane ki Daal ka Halwa is ready to serve – can be served at room temperature or hot.
Notes:Photo credits: Bake Fresh