Masala style Chicken Curry
Try out this masala style chicken for your next family dinner.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- ½ kg tomato
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 10 whole red chilies
- 2 teaspoon cumin (zeera)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 2 teaspoon whole coriander (sabit dhaniya)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 piece of ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 kg chicken
- ½ cup oil
- A handful of Coriander leaves, for garnish
- 2 to 3 Green chilies, for garnish
- 1. Heat water. Boil tomatoes and peel. Set aside.
- 2. In a spice grinder or mortar & pestle, grind mustard seeds, red chili’s, cumin seeds, coriander seeds. Set aside.
- 3. Put tomatoes & ground spices in a blender. Add lemon juice, ginger and garlic. Blend till a thick paste is formed.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and add the blended tomato mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add chicken.
- 5. Cook chicken for 30 – 45 minutes on low heat till chicken is tender and oil comes on top.Add water if more gravy is required.
- 6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and green chili’s.
- 7. Serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: yummitos.com