Traditional chapli kebab are made from beef and topped with a tomato slice. Eat with rice or roti.
- PREP TIME: 40 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Beef Mince ½ kg
- Onion, finely chopped 2
- Corn flour ½ cup
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste ½ tablespoon.
- Garlic paste ½ tablespoon.
- Pomegranate seeds (anaar dana) 1 tablespoon
- Whole coriander seeds (sabit zeera) 1 tablespoon
- Egg 1
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- Tomato, sliced 1
- 1. Mix together mincemeat, chopped onion, corn flour, cumin seeds (zeera), salt, ginger garlic paste, pomegranate seeds (anaar dana), coriander seeds (sabit zeera), egg and red chili powder. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Make small kebabs and keep in a tray. Use a little oil or water if the chapli kebab mixture is sticking to your hand. Top with a tomato slice.
- 3. Heat oil and shallow fry kebabs. Serve with chutney.
- 4. The kebab can also be frozen to use on a later date.
- 5. Mix well, make small kababs and freeze.
Notes:Photo credits: thelovelyplanet.net