Macaroni with Tomato Sauce & Chicken
Leftover chicken in the fridge? Make this quick macaroni with tomato sauce.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup boiled chicken, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 – 5 tomatoes, pureed (or 1 can – 15 ounce)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (fresh if available)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/4th cup green peas
- 1/2 - 1 cup cream
- 250 - 300 grams macaroni, boiled (with pasta water reserved)
- Water – to cook the pasta
- 1. You can make chicken from scratch by boiling or cooking it in salt, pepper & ginger garlic paste.
- 2. Heat butter / oil in a saucepan. Add onions, garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes till onion turns translucent.
- 3. Add tomato puree and bring to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil turn heat to low and let it simmer for 20 – 25 minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken in the meanwhile.
- 4. Add oregano, salt, pepper and sugar and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add chicken & peas and let it cook again for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add cream and stir together.
- 7. Add the boiled pasta and stir together through the sauce. If the sauce is too thick add a little bit of the reserved pasta water to thin it.
- 8. Serve hot with fresh herbs or cheese on top.