Adjust the spices in this chicken tikka as per your personal preference.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- Cumin (Zeera) 2 teaspoon
- Carom (Ajwaen) ½ teaspoon
- Ginger paste ½ tablespoon.
- Garlic paste ½ tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar ½ cup
- Chicken Tikka style Chicken – 2 pieces (can be either breast or leg)
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Sliced onion – for garnish
- Lemon Wedges – for garnish
- 1. Dry roast cumin and carom (ajwaen) for a minute or so then take it out. Set aside.
- 2. Make spice mix by adding chaat masala, vinegar, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, oil, carom (ajwain) and cumin (zeera). Mix well.
- 3. Make cuts on chicken pieces and then marinate chicken with spice mixture. Use your hands to make sure that marinade is applied properly. Leave in fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- 4. Turn heat to medium. Pour the chicken with the marinade into a pan and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- 5. Increase the flame and cook till water dries.
- 6. Serve with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
Notes:Photo credits: royalrestauranthouston