A layer of biscuit or cake followed by a layer of mango puree topped with whipped cream! How delicious is that.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes (plus chilling time)
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Family roll of digestives or tea-biscuits; alternatively you can use cake
- 6 – 8 medium sized mangoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups / 400 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- 1. Put the biscuits in a Ziploc bag. Crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- 2. Put chopped mango in a blender. Puree till smooth.
- 3. Take out cream in a large bowl. Add vanilla essence and lemon zest (if using). Beat for 2-3 minutes till soft peaks are formed.
- 4. Start assembling the trifle. Use either a big trifle bowl or take out glasses for individual portions.
- 5. Put mango puree on the bottom. Top with whipped cream and biscuits. Layer with mango puree, whipped cream and biscuits again.
- 6. Garnish with mango cubes and biscuits. '
- 7. Chill in the fridge and serve cold.
Notes:There can be many variations with this mango trifle. You can layer with different types of cake or biscuits as per your personal preference. You can flavor the whipped cream with cardamom, saffron, cinnamon or any other spice. You can add more layers for texture and crunch. For e.g. a white chocolate ganache or chocolate chips or caramel sauce. Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com