Give a vegetarian twist to your regular pulao.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1/4th bunch coriander leaves (dhaniya)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup Brown Onions
- 1 ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup peas
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 cup french beans, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ bunch kasuri methi (fenugreen leaves)
- ½ kg rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 green chilies
- 1. Blend green chilies and coriander leaves in a blender with a little water.
- 2. Heat oil.
- 3. Add ginger garlic paste along with coriander paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
- 4. Add brown onions, salt, turmeric (haldi powder), coriander powder (dhaniya powder) and chopped tomatoes. Fry well for a couple of minutes.
- 5. Add all vegetables with 1 cup of water. Cover with a lid and cook till vegetables are half done.
- 6. Add yoghurt, green chilies and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7. Add in soaked rice with 2 ½ cups of water.
- 8. Cover and cook till rice is done.
- 9. Serve with raita & chutney.