Green Chicken Biryani
Green chicken biryani
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- ½ bunch coriander (dhaniya)
- ½ bunch mint (pudina)
- 250 gram yogurt
- 250 gram green chilies (adjust as per taste)
- 1 cup ghee or oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ kg chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ kg rice
- 1 cup pea
- 100 gram plums (aloo bukhara)
- Whole Spices (Sabit Garam Masala) - Peppercorns, Cloves, Cinnamon Stick and Cardamom Seeds
- 1 teaspoon mace & nutmeg (Jaifal & Javitry)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1. Blend coriander (dhaniya), mint (pudina) and green chillies with a little bit of water till a smooth paste is formed. Set aside.
- 2. Take a pan and heat ghee or oil in it. Fry onion till light brown. Remove half the browned onions and keep aside.
- 3. Add ginger garlic paste in the pan with the remaining onions. Saute for 30 seconds - 45 seconds then add chicken.
- 4. Cook on high heat till the chicken color changes from pink to white.
- 5. Add the green masala pasta and cook for a minute or so. Add peas.
- 6. Cover the lid and cook on low-medium flame till chicken is properly done.
- 7. In the meanwhile, soak rice for half an hour and boil the rice till half done. Set aside rice.
- 8. Start layering the chicken biryani.
- 9. First put a layer of rice.
- 10. Then put chicken gravy. Top with yoghurt, mace & nutmeg (jaifal javitri), whole spices, remaining brown onions, plums (aalo bukhara) and kewra.
- 11. Finish with another layer of rice. Top with the remaining ghee.
- 12. Cook for 10 - 12 minutes and keep on dam till rice is cooked.
- 13. Serve hot with raita.