Twist up your regular omelette by adding some grilled chicken.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 4-5 eggs beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1. Marinate chicken with salt and black pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil and cook chicken till water dries. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes and then slice into small pieces.
- 3. Whisk eggs with a fork. Add salt, chili powder, coriander leaves, green chili and tomatoes.
- 4. Add more oil in the same pan and pour the egg mixture once hot.
- 5. Roll the frying pan to spread the egg evenly and cook till set from the edges.
- 6. Add the chicken, cook for another minute and then flip to cook the other side for about 30 - 45 seconds.
- 7. Alternatively, the omelet can also be folded into half or in thirds like an envelope with the chicken stuffed in the middle for better presentation.
- 8. Serve hot with toasted bread.
Notes:Mushrooms, cheese or other vegetables can also be used in this omelette for a different taste.