Make breakfast special by making crispy waffles at home.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Butter, for serving
- Maple syrup or Honey, for drizzling
- Fresh fruits, for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture, and whisk gently to combine.
- 3. Whisk in melted butter.
- 4. Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 5. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into center spreading to about 80% of the edges and close. Cook waffles until deep brown and crisp (about 2-3 minutes)
- 6. Keep waffles hot in a pre-heated oven or toaster oven.
- 7. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
- 8. Put a pat or dollop of butter and let it melt over the waffle. Drizzle maple syrup or honey.
Notes:A waffle iron can be found at big supermarkets in Pakistan. Photo Credits: Cinnamongirldelights.g