This simple chicken chowmein lends itself to endless variations.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- Egg Noodle: 1 packet ( no of servings is usually written on the back of noodles pack which may vary to my pack, so kindly do check out what it states and then adjust the ingredients accordingly)
- Chicken breast fillet: 1 large
- Carrots: 2
- Garlic:2 cloves
- Soy sauce: 2 Table spoon
- Sugar :1/2 tea spoon
- Freshly ground black pepper: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 2 Table Spoon
- 1. Boil Egg noodles as per your packet instructions, it is usually boiled for about 5 minutes.Drain the water once boiled, rinse it with cold water so that it does not stick together.
- 2. Cut chicken fillet in strips and vegetables in julienne.
- 3. Take a wok, put oil and finely chopped garlic in(you can add more garlic if you like the taste), fry for 30 seconds.
- 4. Add in chicken strips and fry till its golden brown then put vegetables in and give a quick stir on high flame.
- 5. Put in salt, sugar, black pepper and soya sauce and mix.Since we want to keep vegetables crunchy so this process will take only 2 -3 minutes otherwise vegetables will go soggy.
- 6. Now add the noodles and mix well so that noodles are well coated with sauce.
- 7. Put it in the serving dish and enjoy:)
Notes:You can add whatever vegetables you like in this chowmein. Some options include mushrooms, green onions, bean sprout, red onions, broccoli in spaghetti etc.It depends on what is available in the fridge and your personal preference.