Peshawari Namkeen Gosht
Peshawari Namkeen Gosht is made from either mutton or lamb and is known for its use of green chillies.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 kg Mutton or Lamb
- 1 Onion (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger and Garlic paste
- 3 Tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- 7 to 8 Green chillies
- 100 gm Butter or desi ghee
- 1. Heat butter in the pan,put ginger, garlic paste, meat and salt and mix well.
- 2. Cover the pan with its lid and cook on low flame for 25-30 minutes.Do not add any water, meat will be cooked in its own released water).
- 3. Now chop tomatoes in big chunks or blend tomatoes and put them in the pan, cook for ten minutes.When tomatoes soften up, take the peel out because some people don't like it
- 4. Dry out the water, put salt, ground black pepper and green chillies. Cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle chopped coriander and green chillies.
- 6. Serve it with naan and raita.
- 7. Enjoy Kehwa afterwards.
Notes:Adapted from Saima Anwar's youtube channel. Original recipe does not have onion but my family likes to eat with gravy so I have added onion in the masala to suit their tastes.