Traditional Chicken Karhai
Made in a traditional karhai, this traditional Pakistani dish is known for its spicy tomato based sauce.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1.5 kg Chicken
- 1 medium Onion
- 3-4 medium sized Tomatoes
- 1 tea spoon Ginger, crushed
- 1 tea spoon Garlic, crushed
- Salt : to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi
- half cup Ghee/ oil
- 1 tea spoon Coriander leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1. Put ghee or oil and thinly sliced onion in a wok, golden fry them.
- 2. Put ginger and garlic, cook a little for one minute.
- 3. Put chicken in and fry till it turns golden so that juices are sealed.
- 4. Chop tomatoes into small pieces, put them and salt, red chili powder and haldi in the wok with a little bit of water (half cup approx), cover it with lid.
- 5. When tomatoes soften, take the lid off and cook on high flame till water dries out.
- 6. When oil separates, sprinkle chopped coriander, Julianne ginger and green chilies.
- 7. Serve it with Naan or Chapati and raita or green chutney