Reminiscent of shortbread, nan khatai are classic Pakistani style biscuits.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 cup Plain flour: 1 cup
- 1 cup Sugar: 1 cup
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) powder
- 1 tea spoon Baking powder:
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1. Pre-heat oven at 200 C before starting because prep of khatai wont take long.
- 2. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 3. After the batter is mixed properly, the nan khatai can be formed in round circles (or your preferred shapes) using your hands or a biscuit mould.
- 4. Glaze your nan khatai with beaten egg yolk on top then sprinkle crushed badam or pista. .
- 5. Grease the baking tray and bake nan-khatai’s for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6. Let the khatai’s cool down on a cooling rack before serving them otherwise they will crumble. Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Notes:If the mixture is not moist enough and continue to get separated rather than forming a proper shape then add a bit more oil to moisten up. The traditional nan khatai shape is round, but you can make whatever shape of khatai you want.