Yoghurt is a must-have during the hot summer months. Give this unique raita flavored with beetroot and tempered with aromatic curry leaves (karri patt...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 2 cups plain yoghurt
- 1 small beetroot, boiled, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 whole red chillies, broken up into small pieces.
- 1. Mix yogurt, coconut, salt, beetroot.
- 2. Place in a serving bowl.
- 3. Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- 4. When seeds splutter, add red chillies. Stir for a few seconds.
- 5. Pour over the raita.
- 6. Serve chilled.
Notes:Photo Credits: elephantsandthecoconuttrees.blogspot.com