Come winters and we can find Tawa Machli being sold on every corner. Here’s a chance to try out this street food speciality at home.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 500 grams fish boneless
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli pwder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt. to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger n garlic paste
- 3 to 4 green chillies
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon zeera roasted and ground
- fenugreek( sookhi methi )
- for garnishing :
- coriander chopped (to garnish)
- ginger julliane cut (to garnish)
- 1. Cut boneless fish into big size cubes.
- 2. Marinate fish with turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice, fenugreek (sookhi meethi), ground cumin powder (zeera) and yogurt.
- 3. Add in cubed tomatoes and chopped green chillies too. Set aside for an hour.
- 4. Heat a griddle or tawa.
- 5. Add oil and then fish with all the spices in it and cover.
- 6. Turn after every 5 mins so the fish doesn’t stick as we haven’t added any water.
- 7. If needed add 2 tablespoon of water and simmer on slow heat.
- 8. When tomatoes are tender and its bhonofied garnish with coriander & green chillies..