This nacho salad has a layer of shredded ice-berg lettuce on the bottom, topped with spicy salsa and then melted cheese on top. Enjoy with nacho chips...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup shredded iceberg
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Handful sliced olives
- Handful sliced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream:
- 1 packet Milk pack cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 4 tomatoes (red, firm, roughly chopped)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped and soaked in salty water for ½ an hour)
- 3-4 green chilies
- Handful coriander
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- Quarter cup ketchup
- Red Chili Flakes - according to taste
- Salt – according to taste
- 1. Method for salsa:
- 2. Roughly chop tomatoes, onions, green chilies, garlic, and coriander.
- 3. Add them in a chopper and pulse for a few seconds till chunky. It should not turn into a smooth paste so pulse carefully.
- 4. Mix ketchup,salt and red chili flakes in it. Set aside.
- 5. Method for sour cream:
- 6. Add the cream, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- 7. Method for final dish:
- 8. Take out an oven/microwave dish
- 9. First layer the iceberg on the bottom, then the lettuce. Top with olives and jalapenos. Spread the salsa mixture and then add sour cream.
- 10. Finally, top it with cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 11. Microwave the dish for 2-3 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- 12. Serve immediately with nachos and enjoy.
Notes:The tomato salsa can be made 1-2 days in advance and kept in the refrigerator. However, do not leave the assembled dish out for too long. A variety of nachos’ brands are available at super-markets like Agha’s, Naheed, Tee-Emm Mart etc. Photo credits to Kiran Afzal.