The trick to a good beef burger is making sure that the beef patty has a certain amount of fat.It's what makes the beef patty moist & juicy.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean beef meat (ask your butcher for help)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 soft burgers buns split
- Lettuce – 4 pieces
- Tomato – 1 sliced
- 1. Sprinkle the ground beef evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- 2. Gently form the meat into 4 balls, and then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties.
- 3. Make a 2-inch-wide indentation in the center of each with your thumb to prevent the burgers from bulging when grilled.
- 4. Preheat a grill to high.
- 5. Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- 6. Grill, undisturbed, until marked on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7. Turn and grill until the other side is marked and the patties feel firm, 3 to 5 more minutes
- 8. Spread mayonnaise on bottom burger bun.
- 9. Serve the patties on the buns; top with lettuce and tomato.
Notes:Photo Credits: ShutterStock