These Tandoori Masala Prawns can be grilled & barbequed - the beautiful red color and the aromatic marinade will make you fall in love with the flavor...
- PREP TIME: 60 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- 25 Jumbo Prawns (washed, cleaned, deveined and tails intact)
- 1 Lemon juice
- Salt-to taste
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 3 teaspoon Tandoori masala powder (or any other masala)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 cup Hung curd (yoghurt strained in a muslin cloth till thick)
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder or to taste
- 3 teaspoon Besan (Gram flour), dry roast for 30 seconds
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi, roasted
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chat masala, (optional)
- Ghee or oil -as much needed to grill
- 5 to 6 Bamboo skewers (soak it in water for some time)
- 1. Apply salt and lemon juice to the prawns and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- 2. Marinate the prawns with ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, coriander powder, yoghurt, chili powder, besan, kasuri meethi, garam masala and chat masala (if using).
- 3. Thread the prawns onto the bamboo skewers and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Heat a grill pan, add ghee and grill the marinated prawns on both the sides until it gets cooked and brown in colour.
- 5. You may also grill it in an oven.