Baked French Fries
A healthy way to make French fries – bake them versus frying.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 2 large potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1. Peel potatoes and cut in half and then half again.
- 2. Cut into even thin pieces. The more evenly thick you can cut them, the more even they will bake.
- 3. Put them in a bowl of ice water and let them soak for about 20 minutes.
- 4. Rinse well and then thoroughly pat them dry with paper towel. Make sure you get as much water off as you can.
- 5. Next put them in a Ziploc bag with 1-2 teaspoon of oil and shake to coat.
- 6. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a wire rack rack on top of it.
- 7. Lay the potatoes on the cooling rack so that they are not touching.
- 8. Sprinkle with salt.
- 9. Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Notes:Photo Credits: Seasonsandsuppers